Elsevier, Inc. has sold International Medical News Group (IMNG) to Quadrant HealthCom Inc. forming FrontLine Medical Communications
Elsevier, Inc. has sold International Medical News Group (IMNG), the leading provider of medical news, to Quadrant HealthCom Inc., forming Frontline Medical Communications.
D+P client Elsevier, Inc. has sold International Medical News Group (IMNG), the leading provider of medical news to physicians, to Quadrant HealthCom Inc. (QHI).
QHI + IMNG form one of the industry’s largest and most diversified medical communication companies, ranking number one in ad volume and serving over 700,000 physician and healthcare professionals through a wide array of digital, print and live event products.
The significance of the merger lead QHI to create a new name for the combined companies — Frontline Medical Communications — under which QHI and IMNG will continue to operate their established publications and associated businesses as well as new ventures focusing on digital products and live events.
Alan Imhoff, president & CEO of IMNG, will continue in that role, and will join Marcy Holeton, president & CEO of QHI, JoAnn Wahl, president, Custom Solutions, and Doug Grose, CFO, in the Office of the President (OTP) – the group that oversees company strategy and operations. Stephen Stoneburn continues as Chairman of the OTP and the new company Frontline Medical Communications.
Facts about Frontline Medical Communications:
- 29 publications reaching 17 distinct market segments that total #1 in industry ad volume dollars
- Circulation in excess of 700,000 physicians and healthcare professionals
- Reach of over one million physicians and healthcare professionals through our proprietary e-data base
- Current monthly distribution of more than 125 sponsored e-newsletters
- 14 Live Events with revenues from attendees, exhibits, sponsorships, enduring materials and show dailies
- 35 websites
- Daily newswire service providing the latest medical news generated from on-site reporting from more than 450 medical meetings
The New Jersey-based staff of QHI and IMNG will combine in one location as soon as possible. IMNG’s content and operations group will remain where it has long been located, in Rockville, Maryland.
“We are thrilled to grow our business by this addition of leading brands in new therapeutic and audience markets said Stephen Stoneburn. He continued, “IMNG has a strong, established position, based on high-quality news-oriented content, created by talented staff. Together, the companies will be leading providers of quality content—to fully meet the information needs of healthcare professionals and provide exceptional opportunities and optimal solutions for our clients.”
QHI is wholly owned by M.E. Zukerman & Co, a New York-based investment firm.
|Transaction Type||M&A Sell-side|
|Sold to||Quadrant HealthCom Inc|