DeSilva+Phillips’ 11th Annual Dealmakers Summit
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2013.
Time: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Location: New World Stages at 340 West 50th Street, New York City
After a decade at the Pierre Hotel, DeSilva+Phillips relocated this year’s Summit to the new and exciting venue at 340 West 50th Street – New World Stages. We were excited to start fresh with new and engaging content.
The Dealmakers Summit is an “invitation only” event for the top dealmakers in the Media, Advertising & Marketing Services, Information Services, Education and Healthcare Communications Industries.
For background on the event we are proud to share the full agenda and attendee list in the Downloads section on the right side of this page. You can also see information on last year’s Dealmakers Summit 2012 as well as photographs of the event. Video highlights are available below.
What was New at the 2013 Dealmakers Summit?
A lot changed at this year’s event, but the things that make the Summit such a worthwhile event, such as the great content and unparalleled networking opportunities, of course remain unchanged.
In addition to the change of venue to New World Stages, we also relaxed the dress code to business casual and reduced the price of admission to $695. As always, the Summit was run on a non-profit basis, and a donation was made to the Columbia University School of Journalism.
How to Sign Up Next Year
Interested in attending or receiving additional information on this unique Dealmakers Summit? Look for your invitation in your email next year, or if you did not received an invitation and would like to attend, please email Jack Noble at Jack@dp.oaklins.com. You can also simply click here to Request an Invitation.
- Robert Thomson, CEO of News Corporation, will be interviewed by Stephanie Mehta, Executive Editor of Fortune, about the spin-off of the publishing company, which will retain the name News Corporation, from the entertainment business to be called Fox Group.
- Tiki Barber, Co-Founder & Chairman, Thuzio.com
- Paul Bascobert, COO, Bloomberg Media
- C.J. Brucato, Partner, ABRY Partners
- Don Carlson, CEO, Matterhorn
- Ninan Chacko, CEO, PR Newswire
- Elisabeth DeMarse, Chairman, CEO and President, The Street, Inc.
- Andrew Essex, Co-Founder and CEO, Droga5
- Bethlam Forsa, Former EVP, Content Development & Publishing Operations, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Chrystia Freeland, Digital Editor, Reuters, and author of Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else
- Mark Gerson, Co-Founder & Chairman, Thuzio.com
- Ed Kelly, President and CEO, American Express Publishing Corporation
- David Kieselstein, CEO, Penton Media
- Michael Lebowitz, Founder and CEO, Big Spaceship
- Scott Levine, Managing Director, Time Warner Investments
- Vineet Madan, Senior Vice President, McGraw-Hill Education
- Kevin Marcus, President & COO, Ipreo
- John Nardone, CEO, [x+1]
- Suzanne Petren-Moritz, Vice President and Managing Director, Lexis Practice Advisor
- Diana Rhoten, Chief Strategy Officer, Amplify
- Andy Rosen, CEO, Kaplan
- Ann Sarnoff, COO, BBC Worldwide America
- Richard Sarnoff, Senior Advisor, KKR
- Stephanie K. Schnabel, Managing Director – Corporate Development, Accenture
- Jeff Wald, Founder, Work Market
- Geoff Wilmot, CEO, Centaur Media, plc
- Alan Wurtzel, President, Research & Media Development, NBC
- David Zilberman, Principal, Comcast Ventures
- Russell Adams, Assistant News Editor, The Wall Street Journal
- Jack Griffin, CEO, Empirical Media
- Rik Kranenburg, Industry Partner – Education, DeSilva+Phillips
- Nicholas Lemann, Dean and Henry R. Luce Professor of Journalism, Columbia Journalism School
- Sucharita Mulpuru-Kodali, Vice-President & Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
- Russell Perkins, Founder and Managing Director, InfoCommerce Group
- Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer, Columbia University