At Oaklins DeSilva+Phillips, we recognize that achieving the optimal outcome for our clients is about more than just valuation. We’ve been on the other side of the table, buying and selling our own companies, and know what is required for a transaction to be successful. We work closely with our clients to understand and attain their particular objectives, both personal and financial.
- The process of selling a company is complex, disciplined and individualized. We structure the process to fit the client—not the other way around. The client’s strategic advantage determines our recommendation of a full auction, a limited auction, or a negotiated transaction (sometimes called a pre-emptive transaction).
- Through a combination of our own vast network of contacts, and that of our international partners in Oaklins, we identify the most likely buyers — not merely the most obvious.
- The right positioning is critical — we know how to craft an Information Memorandum that will resonate with buyers. We use personal outreach to communicate the value and strategic fit to each potential buyer.
- We run a disciplined process, leveraging our industry knowledge, relationships and deal expertise in order to drive greater value and achieve a successful outcome.
- When advising buyers, we deploy our industry expertise and our in-depth understanding of our client’s acquisition strategy to find the right company or asset at the right price. Once the fit has been determined, we help structure a transaction that resolves complex issues and produces a solution that works for all parties.
- Our buy-side assignments—like all of our work—are conducted by partners and managing directors with an intimate understanding of the markets we cover.
- Oaklins DeSilva+Phillips’ deep knowledge of operations and our financing know-how allows us to identify successful solutions for a variety of complex corporate finance scenarios. Whether arranging acquisition financing, securing growth equity investment, or restructuring an existing capital structure, Oaklins DeSilva+Phillips offers access to the widest range of lenders and investors in the industries we serve.
- Oaklins DeSilva+Phillips is an independent advisory firm with no conflicting objectives. We do not invest, do not act as a lender, do not advise on investments and do not publish securities research. Our sole interest is finding the best capital solutions for our client.
- For clients who are considering the sale of their company, thinking of retiring, looking for financing or a new investor – or who may be engaged in a legal action – Oaklins DeSilva+Phillips has the requisite expertise and experience to work with clients and their advisors to provide the kinds of valuation answers that are essential when addressing these critical issues.
- With decades of collective M&A experience, leading hundreds of transactions, both as owner/operators and as bankers, we understand what drives enterprise value. Our experts have the relevant financial and modeling expertise to analyze the value of a business using the most sophisticated and appropriate methods, including both the Market Approach and Income Approach.
- Oaklins DeSilva+Phillips has completed numerous formal written valuations for clients that include major media companies, leading commercial banks, Private Equity sponsors and attorneys as well as individual company owners and entrepreneurs.
- Refinancing existing indebtedness
- Out-of-court divestitures of assets, divisions or controlling interests
- Section 363 “going concern” sales or purchases
- Arranging debtor-in-possession loans or exit financing loans for Chapter 11 cases
- Formulating or evaluating plans of reorganization
- Litigation support and expert testimony in court proceedings
- Mark A. Filippell, an Oaklins Managing Director in our Cleveland office, has completed over 40 restructurings and bankruptcies
- Robert C. Grien, an Oaklins Managing Director in New York City, has nearly 30 years of experience in complex financial restructurings
- Jack Griffin, an Oaklins Senior Advisor in New York City, was previously a Senior Advisor to AlixPartners and CEO of Tribune Publishing